Ronald Weinland, you should read Matthew 9:13

"Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Are All Churches Cults?


I'd lean towards yes, if I was asked that question.

I know the title of this post may seem eerily reminiscent of some Plain Truth article, but I really did think this one up on my own. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a church publication out there with the same title.

Although there are many small local community churches that do a lot of good and do not fit this title, I believe most churches are nothing but businesses concerned with profit and growth.

So I do have to say that all Major churches are cults because we have to give money and behave according to their bylaws, which sometimes have nothing to do with what is written in the bible. In a real church everyone should be happy and at peace with one another. Doubly so for the "minister".

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

I think it's taking the piss when you HAVE to pay money to the local church by law... don't they do something like that in France? Ridiculous.

jack635 said...

"HAVE to pay money to the local church by law"

You gotta be kidding me!
I know in canada if your kids go to a RC school, the Roman Catholic School Board tax is on your annual property tax bill. At least that's the way it was in the seventies in Quebec.

Sounds to me like France is still under the atiquated Seignourial System.